This guide will show you how learners can self-register to enroll to a course.
Instructors can enable learners to self-register to a course via the Express Sign-In feature built into InteDashboard. This means that learners are provided a course ID or a course link that they can use to enroll themselves in a course.
Instructors don't need to upload files or enroll students one-by one. They would only need to send a link to learners and let the learners do the rest.
How to guide to enable self-registration using email and password
- Click to the SETTINGS tab on the top of the page.
- Click the specific course you want students to register in.
- Toggle the switch labelled Enable Express Sign-In under the ENROLLMENT SETTINGS area to Yes.
Once this is switched on, you should be able to see the following:
- The EXPRESS SIGN-IN URL. (This is a direct link you can send the learners to log in. They can just copy and paste this in their browsers to go to the course registration screen)
- The SIGN-IN QR CODE. (The QR code leads learners to the course registration screen)
- The COURSE ID. (Learners can enter the Course ID to register to this specific course).
These are three standard ways learners can register for your course.
- Now, please toggle the switch labelled Require students to set an email and password to Yes.
- Please put the accepted domains in the field area. For example, here at InteDashboard, we would put intedashboard.com since we are registering individuals from our organization in our training. You may need to put your .edu email address, etc.
Once this is toggled to Yes, students will be required to enter their email and set an account password for InteDashboard.
If this switch is toggled No, it means that the registration becomes Anonymous. Anonymous registration is only for ad hoc training sessions where security of the user is not important. Click here to learn more about anonymous learner registration.
How it'll look from the perspective of the student
There are three ways a student can register to the course:
EXPRESS SIGN-IN URL
SIGN-IN QR CODE
- EXPRESS SIGN-IN URL
Students can click the EXPRESS SIGN-IN URL to go to the registration page of your course. They will be asked to enter their email address, name and set a password for their account. To proceed they have to click on the blue button labelled Join Course at the bottom of the page.
- SIGN-IN QR CODE
You can also screen share the SIGN-IN QR CODE and ask students to scan it. The scan will take them to the registration page of your course. This page will ask them to enter their email, name, set a password. To proceed they have to click on the blue button labelled Join Course at the bottom of the page.
- COURSE ID
Another option is to use the COURSE ID. Ask the learners to login to auth.intedashboard.com, and click the button labelled Express Sign in in the middle of the page. They'll be asked to enter the COURSE ID–then from there on they can set their account details to proceed.
⚠️ We recommend that you do not change the enrollment settings in the middle of the semester. Changing this affects how learners sign-in to InteDashboard and access the course's activities.
⚠️ You can share the EXPRESS SIGN-IN URL to students if you want them to register before class starts. We recommend that on the first day of classes, during orientation, you can have students register to your course in InteDashboard together. If you are using a video conferencing tool, you can send them the EXPRESS SIGN-IN URL via chat, or screen-share the SIGN-IN QR CODE. Once everyone has registered, you can then assign them into teams.
💡 If you still have questions, please contact our support team.