This article will provide some troubleshooting steps that you can take if your students are unable to see and access an activity that you have published.
This article contains the following sections:
- Checking the student's enrollment and attendance
- Checking if the student might be having a browser issue
There are times when students may encounter an issue where they cannot access the activities the teacher or instructor has published. In most cases, these two steps would help fix the issue.
Checking the student's enrollment and attendance
A teacher could publish and start an activity and leave out some students in the process. Usually, this happens at the start of a course where students come in and register late. When an activity is published prior to the newly added student, the student is most likely unassigned to a team, and therefore, will not have access to the published activity.
The image below shows the warning on the Attendance Block section when a student is left unassigned.
When you go to the STUDENTS tab within the course, you should be able to see student/s that are unassigned to a team. The image below shows Pupil-1-3s3 as unassigned.
- To assign this student to a team, click the Organize Students
- Drag and drop the name of the student to the team you wish to assign it to.
- Click the green Update button.
- The clip below shows how this works. See how the same student ends up being assigned to Team 1.
Once you've done this, you can reset the activity, then, re-publish it. The clip below demonstrates how to reset the activity. Once you've done this, it will bring you back to the activity set up screen. Quickly review the activity, then republish it.
WARNING: This step will erase all data is not advisable if you have answers, scores, attachments, etc., on your activity. If so, you may refer to the alternative step mentioned next.
As an alternative to resetting the activity, you may opt to add the student from that activity dashboard itself.
- Simply click the warning dialogue box to add the student/s.
- It should give you this pop up with a list of the unassigned student/s. Go ahead and select the team you wish to put the student to from the dropdown, then click on the Approval tick box next to it and click Update.
- The image below shows the same student (Pupil-1-3s3) assigned to team 1. Once you see this, advise the student to refresh his/her InteDashboard window. This student should now be able to access the said activity.
If the student is still unable to access the activity after these steps above (or if the student was already assigned to a team in the first place but have no access), we may already be dealing with a browser issue.
Checking if the student might be having a browser issue.
Clearing the cache should do the trick in this case. Alternatively, you may choose to ask your students to use a different browser, or even perhaps, a different device.
Here are some articles that you may refer to for clearing cache and cookies if your students are having browser issues. These are articles from the commonly used browsers.
Once your student/s have cleared off the browser cache and cookies, ask them to log back in to InteDashboard, they should be able to access the activity now.