This article will show you how to create an asynchronous 360 degree evaluation activity.
When you run an asynchronous 360 Degree Evaluation activity, it means that students will take the test at different times within the open period. Answers from the students are auto-saved.
Note that once students click the "Submit" button, their answers are final and cannot be changed.
Here are the steps in summary:
Click the "+New Activity" button from any of the modules you want to create the TRAT on.
Fill out the Basic Settings.
Add the Questions
Set the points
Review your activity.
Click "Publish" and select "ASYNCHRONOUS" as the modality.
Go to Dashboard.
- Click the "+ New Activity" button from any of the modules you want to create the 360 Degree Evaluation on.
In this image, there are 3 modules created.
No Modules yet? Click here to know how to create one,
- Fill out the basic settings:
- Select 360 Degree Evaluation
- Toggle the particulars of evaluation
- If students must evaluate instructor(s), select the names of the instructors students will evaluate
- Name (required)
- Click the Go to Questions button to save and move to the next step
**Students must evaluate their teammates - toggle this YES if the evaluation questions consist of questions evaluating the performance/conduct of each person in their respective team.
**Students must evaluate themselves - toggle this YES if the evaluation questions consist of questions for self-evaluation, i.e. "I stay on task and complete my work on time."
**Students must evaluate their team - toggle this YES if the evaluation questions are aimed to evaluate the performance/conduct of their team as a whole.
**Students must evaluate their instructors - toggle this YES if the evaluation questions consist of questions that will evaluate the instructors/teachers/professors/facilitator.
- Students will see the course, module, and activity descriptions from their dashboard.
- In a 360 Degree Evaluation, as the name implies, teachers can toggle all types of evaluation and launch one comprehensive evaluation for teammates, teams, self, and instructors.
ⓘ BEST PRACTICES
**Name your activity clearly and uniquely so students can easily distinguish the activity from their screen.
Depending on the evaluation toggles you have selected, you will be prompted to create questions on those topics.
- The Peer evaluation questions will be the same questions that are going to be included in the self-evaluation questions.
- Add the questions.
- Choose from the 2 methods available on the screen.
- Click Go to Team Questions / Go to Instructor Questions button to save and move to the next step.
- "Peer Questions" page will only appear when you toggle "Students must evaluate their teammates" and/or "Students must evaluate themselves" in the Basic Settings".
- "Team Questions" page will only appear when you toggle "Students must evaluate their team".
- "Instructor Questions" page will only appear when you toggle "Students must evaluate their instructors".
ⓘ HERE are some useful information
From Question Bank: If you have created evaluation questions before, these questions (on default) are added to the Question Bank. You can go to the question bank and add the same evaluation questions you have created before.
**If it is the first time you are creating evaluation questions, then these questions will be (on default) added to the question bank where you can access and add them to 360 Degree Evaluation activity again in the future.
Create New Question: This option allows you to add questions along with the labels and points.
- Set the additional settings for the evaluation.
- Optional Settings for the 360 Degree Evaluation involve Michelsen Point Distribution.
- Add instructions (optional)
- Add instructions on this activity in the box provided below.
- Click Review your Activity button to save and move to the next step
- Review your activity.
- This page "6 Review' contains all the settings and questions you have allowed and added in this activity. Ascertain that you have all settings correct.
- Click Publish your Activity button to save and move to the next step
Take the time here to review the content and settings of your 360 Degree Evaluation activity. From this page, you'll be able to edit any part of your activity, or you can click on the steps above (in blue) to go back to any part of the activity.
***DO NOT FORGET TO***
1. Click the GREEN button in each block to save your edits in this page. (Look for the UPDATE button to save)
- Choose your publish settings.
- Choose Type: Asynchronous
- Set the duration
- Click the Publish Activity button to save and move to the next step
- Go to Dashboard
- Click the "Go to Dashboard" button to go to the dashboard.
***In this image, the activity is created for 2 sections. Make sure to click the button for the specific section you want to run the Application Case on.
- View the activity
- No need to start the Activity. It will automatically start at the appointed start-date-and-time.
Once students start answering, the data in the dashboard will be automatically updated.
***Note that the open period can still be adjusted by clicking on the green "Update Open Period" button on the top-left corner. You can still update the "start-date-and-time' and "end-date-and-time".
If the Activity is already ONGOING, you can only update the end-date-and-time.
💡 If you still have questions, please contact our support team.