When you run a synchronous Application Case activity, it means that students will take the test at the same time. Specifically, students will only be able to take the test when you click the start button from the activity dashboard.
Here are the steps in summary:
Click the "+New Activity" button from any of the modules you want to create the TRAT on.
Fill out the Basic Settings.
Add the Questions
Set the points
Review your activity.
Click "Publish" and select "SYNCHRONOUS" as the modality.
Go to Dashboard and start the activity
Follow these steps below
- Click the "+ New Activity" button from any of the modules you want to create the Application Case on. (In this image, there are 3 modules created.)
- No Modules yet? Click here to know how to create one,
- Fill out the basic settings:
Select the Application type
Toggle whether you want to grade the activity or not
**Application type - you can choose to run an application for teams or individually.
**Individual Application Type - students will take the test by themselves.
ⓘ NOTE: Students will see the course, module, and activity descriptions from their dashboard.
ⓘ BEST PRACTICES: Name your activity clearly and uniquely so students can easily distinguish the activity from their screen.
- Click the Go to Questions button to save and move to the next step
- Add the questions. Choose from the 4 methods available on the screen.
ⓘ Some useful information:
From Question Bank: These are questions that you have already in the past into InteDashboard. More instructions on this method here.
Create New Question: This option allows you to add questions along with answer choices one at a time. This option is best if you want to add images, equations, or other types of special formatting to your questions. More instructions on this method here.
Copy & Paste: This option allows you to submit your information in bulk using Excel. This option is the best and fastest option as long as most of your questions don't have images or equations. More instructions on this method here.
File Upload: Similar to the copy and paste option, this allows you to upload your information in bulk using an Excel file. Like the copy and paste option, this isn't optimal if your questions carry images and equations, but it's extremely fast and efficient as opposed to manually inputting questions or selecting questions from your question bank.
- Click Go to Scoring button to save and move to the next step
- Set the points. Points can be changed per question. Click on the "+" and "-" buttons to add and deduct.
- Click the Go to Optional Settings button to save and move to the next step
- Choose your settings.
- Toggle the controls yes/no or add instructions. Upload a file or type on the text box to put instructions to your activity.
The settings in this control how the students will answer either IRAT or TRAT.
- If you want students to be able to upload files as part of their answers, toggle-yes Allow students to upload files.
- If you want students to be able to change and re-change their answers throughout the entire test, toggle-yes Allow students to change answers before final submission.
- If you don't want the students to skip questions,toggle-yes Students must answer questions in sequence.
- Click the Review your Activity button to save and move to the next step
- Review your activity. This page contains all the settings and questions you have allowed and added to this activity. Ascertain that you have all settings correct.
ⓘ HERE are some useful information
- Take the time here to review the content and settings of your IRAT &TRAT activity. From this page, you'll be able to edit any part of your activity, or you can click on the steps above the buttons to go back to any part of the activity.
***DO NOT FORGET TO***
1. Click the GREEN button to save your edits. (Look for the UPDATE button to save)
2. If you add more questions to the activity (STEP 2), then make sure to save the points for the added question (STEP 3)
- Click Publish your Activity button to save and move to the next step
- Choose your publish settings.
- Choose Type: Synchronous
- Set the duration
You can choose to set a time limit or not
ⓘ HERE are some useful information
- When you set a time limit, example "20 mins", this means that teams/students will have 20 minutes to answer the test and then they'll be automatically locked from the test once 20 minutes is finished. (Note that you can extend the test duration from the dashboard.)
- **No time limit - This means that teams/students will be able to answer the test indefinitely until the teacher clicks the "End Activity" button from the dashboard.
- ***Notice the warning message in red above the page. This warning will appear when you have an ungrouped/unassigned student when you're running a team-based activity. When you have an ungrouped student and you are running a "TEAM-BASED" activity, then this student will not be able to take the test. Make sure that all students are in a group.
- Click the Publish Activity button to save and move to the next step
- Go to Dashboard
***In this image, the activity is created for 2 sections. Make sure to click the button for the specific section you want to run the Application Case on.
***Each Activity is connected to a specific dashboard. Click on the "Go to Dashboard" button corresponding to the section you want to open.
- Click the "Go to Dashboard" button to go to the dashboard.
- Start the activity
- Click the "Start Application" button to start the activity for the students.
Once students start answering, the data in the dashboard will be automatically updated.