This article shows you how to mass upload students to your course via the Copy & Paste, and File Upload features.
Here's a step-by-step process on how to get this done:
Copy & Paste Method
- Click the Copy & Paste option, then click the Next Step button
- Click on the Click Here button to download the .CSV file necessary for the data format. You should get a CSV file on your local Downloads directory.
- Now you will need to copy and paste the information regarding your students. Make sure you're following the approved CSV format.
When copying and pasting please make sure to include all cells into the pasted content, including the titles/headings.
Here's a brief explanation of the meaning behind each field in the Excel file shown above:
A: The students first name.
B: The students last name.
C: The students email.
D: The students I.D. or unique code identifying them within your institution.
E: The course section number which uniquely identifies the class or course that the student belongs to. In most cases this section number identifies at what time or when the class meets.
F: The team that you wish to assign the specific student to.
- Below is a visual representation of what needs to be copied into the open field from the CSV file.
- Click the Next Step button to proceed.
- Once you're done please follow the prompts until you click on Confirm. This should add the students into your course.
File Upload Method
- Please click on the File Upload option, then click the Next Step button.
- You will need to structure your spreadsheet in the same structure as previously presented in the Copy & Paste method. Ensure all headings/titles are inputted.
- Upload your file and confirm the changes.
NOTE: When using the Copy & paste and File Upload methods your students will not receive an invitation email instantly with information on how to activate their accounts.
- Once you're ready to have students come into your course, please click on Send Invites to send an account activation invite to one or multiple students.
- Once they receive their invite, they will be walked through the password creation process.