This article will provide you with basic information about your Question Bank.
The Question Bank is a place where all teachers can input questions. Questions added to the bank are available to all teachers at an institutional level.
The Question Bank is one of the most valuable features of InteDashboard. As you start creating activities, you will start building up your bank with all the questions you enter into the application.
Learn more below:
Who can use the Questions Bank?
Every faculty member in your institution's InteDashboard account can see/add/edit/copy/modify questions to the bank.
Every faculty in your institution can use and add questions from the bank to any activity.
How can faculty add questions in the Questions Bank?
- Manually: Questions created manually can be added to the Question Bank.
In the pop-up box, you can toggle the ADD TO QUESTION BANK to Yes or No. (This is at the bottom of the pop-up)
- You can add questions in the Questions Bank directly: The faculty has the option to add questions directly to the Questions Bank. In this case, the added questions will be available for use when the faculty is creating activities in the future. They can choose the method "From Question Bank" when they're adding questions to their activity.
What will happen when I delete a question from the Question Bank?
You can delete questions from the bank via the following button. Please note that all deletions are final and the action is irreversible.
If you delete a question from the bank, any activity that this question has been added to will NOT be affected. The scores related to the questions created will NOT be affected. All of your data will remain on InteDashboard even if the questions that were part of that specific activity are deleted.
What will happen if I edit/modify the question in the Questions Bank?
Editing a question from the Questions Bank will not automatically update the question to any of the already-created activity in any course. The updated question can only be added to new activities. (**Teachers can still manually edit questions for any already-created activities if they need to. However, teachers can only edit a question in their already-created activity if it's not published yet or if they reset the activity. For any ENDED activity, teachers will no longer be able to edit any question.)
Edit a question by:
Click the question, then click the "Edit" button.
Click the "Update" button to save changes. (See how it works below)
Will InteDashboard tap into the Canvas question bank?
- At this moment, the connection between InteDashboard and Canvas is not via API. Therefore all transfers of data must happen manually between both applications.
- Please review this article which will explain to you how to export your questions from InteDashboard, so you can manually upload them into Canvas.
Do created questions automatically go into the Question Bank?
- If you're using the manual addition method. Your questions may be edited while you're creating them. You can set the option to Yes or No depending on your preference.
- Using the Copy & Paste and File Upload methods will not save the questions into the Question Bank.
Can questions that were not added to the Question Bank be copied and edited?
- Yes. Questions that weren't initially added to the Bank during the activity creation process can be copied and edited just like any other questions.
- To provide further context on questions, you may add faculty notes at the creation or editing step of each question.
- The faculty notes will help reduce ambiguity and help communicate information in organizations that have a lot of faculty members using InteDashboard.
- As you start adding questions to the bank, please note that all faculty will be able to see them, edit, copy, and modify them as time passes.
- So the utilization of good notes is helpful to communicate the right information between the faculty that are using InteDashboard.