This article will show you how to organize the content of your courses into Modules.
You can name your modules in the following ways:
- By topic, i.e., Diffusion and Osmosis, Homeostasis, etc.
- By time, i.e., Week 1 Introduction to Biology, Week 2-3 Chemistry in Biology, etc.
- By examination content, i.e., Preliminary, Midterms, Finals, etc.
The module creation steps are as follows:
- Go to the Courses tab from the left side navigation and click on the course name you want to add modules into.
- Click on the +New Module button on the top-right corner.
- Fill out the module fields.
- Click the Save button to save your new course.
Here is a short video showing you the steps
Here are the steps to follow:
Go to the Courses tab from the left-side navigation.
Click on the course name you want to add modules into. You'll be taken to the MODULES & ACTIVITIES tab.
Click on the +New Module button on the top-right corner.
Fill out the following fields on the new page:
NAME: This can be any of the following examples above, i.e., Diffusion and Osmosis
PERIOD: This is the time period that you expect your module to be active. This is mostly for sorting the modules in the course. From the MODULES & ACTIVITIES tab, the modules are organized in descending order from the oldest to the most recent.
DESCRIPTION: Please provide a description of your module. This field could be used to create learning objectives for your module.
Note: These details cannot be seen by your students and can only be viewed by teachers who have access to this course.
Click the Save button to save your new module.