This is a guide which provides you some insight on how to manually configure InteDashboard as an external app into Brightspace.
- Grab your LMS Integration details from InteDashboard.
- This is on a per-course basis.
- You'll find the LMS Integration credentials by going to the Course you are going to integrate, click LMS INTEGRATION tab.
**We recommend that you keep the page above open, so you can quickly access this data in a few minutes.
- Open your Brightspace LMS account, and launch your course within the menu options on the Brightspace LMS platform.
- From Brightspace, first, you need to add InteDashboard into the specific module that you're working on within Brightspace LMS via the Add Existing Activities button.
One important thing to keep in mind is that Brightspace LMS seems to only allow the administrator to add External Learning Tools on a module level, which is different from other popular LMS platforms in the market wherein integrations are on a teacher-level functionality.
- Next please click on the Create New LTI Link button.
- Next you will see the following page.
- For the Title, we suggest that you type the title of your InteDashboard course.
- For the LTI URL, please copy-and-paste the Launch URL which is located in your course specific LMS Integration page within InteDashboard.
- Next you will notice that the Legacy LTI Tool option will populate under the Tool area within this prompt.
- Once everything is populated please click on Create (Not Create and Insert) to proceed.
- On the next screen that appears please click on the Manage External Tools link.
- Next please click on the Edit Link button on the tool that you just created.
- The following is how the LTI Tool details should be listed.
- Type the Title, i.e. "InteDashboard".
- Copy the Launch URL from InteDashboard's LMS INTEGRATION tab, and paste it on the URL field.
- Next, please have the following options checked.
- The Key area is the Consumer Key from within your InteDashboard LMS integration area.
- The Secret area is the Shared Secret Key from within your InteDashboard LMS integration area.
- The Custom Parameters area should be empty in this case. (see image below)
- Your security settings should be listed this way. Please check everything exactly the way it is pictured above for now. Please make sure that all of the options under the Use link security settings are selected. (See image below)
- Now, please click on the Add Org Units button.
- Next, you can pick and choose the course that you wish to make the link available to.
- Once you're done, please click on the Save and Close button below and you should have working link to InteDashboard from within Brightspace LMS.
- Next you will need to add the link to InteDashboard into your course at different stages of curriculum in your Modules when needed via the Add Existing Activities button here.
- You can confirm if the addition of the tool is working by clicking on InteDashboard link from your end.
- If you can see your InteDashboard account landing page when clicking on the link, then you were successful at properly adding the LTI tool into Brightspace LMS:
Additional information of importance when creating this type of LTI connection:
Students entering InteDashboard can only see activities to which they are assigned and that assignment is made by placing them into teams which is linked to their InteDashboard enrollment e-mail address.
Students who are enrolled in one course will see only that specific course and activity when they click on the LTI link from within Brightspace.
Students who are enrolled in multiple courses will see all the courses and activities they are enrolled in when they click on the LTI link from within Brightspace.
The application behavior is similar to an admin account works. If your teacher account has admin status you can see all the courses on the InteDashboard landing page when you login because you’re part of them. But professors that have been added to just one course, will only see one course in the landing page when they log in. The same thing applies to students.