This article will guide you on how to integrate InteDashboard as an external app into Brightspace.
- Integration on InteDashboard is done on a Course-by-Course level and not an Account level.
- It is advisable to complete the integration process before your class starts. This would allow your student information to be populated within the course in time for your class start date.
- Brightspace LMS seems to only allow administrators add External Learning Tools on a module level.
Here are screenshots of the process:
- Log into your InteDashboard account.
- Locate the course you want to integrate and click on the course name.
- Click on the LMS Integration tab within your course.
- Get your InteDashboard integration login details.
- Log into your Brightspace LMS account, and launch your course within the menu options.
- Click on the Add Existing Activities button within Brightspace to add InteDashboard into the specific module.
- Click on the Create New LTI Link button.
- The image below will pop-up on your screen. Populate the fields in the pop-up page with the title of your course and the information gotten from Step 1.
- For the LTI URL, please copy-and-paste the Launch URL located in your course specific LMS Integration page within InteDashboard.
- Next you'll notice the Legacy LTI Tool option will populate under the tool area.
- Once the fields are populated, click on Create (Not Create and Insert) to proceed.
- On the next screen that appears please click on the Manage External Tools link.
- Next, click on the Edit Link button on the tool that you just created.
- Type the Title, i.e. "InteDashboard".
- Copy the Launch URL from your LMS Integration tab within InteDashboard, and paste it on the URL field.
- Next, have the following options checked.
- Key Area = Consumer Key located within your InteDashboard LMS Integration tab.
- Secret Area = Shared Secret Key located within your InteDashboard LMS Integration tab.
- The Custom Parameters area should be empty in this case. (see image below)
- Your security settings should be listed this way. Please check everything exactly the way it is pictured above for now. Please make sure that all of the options under the Use link security settings are selected. (See image below)
- Now, please click on the Add Org Units button.
- Pick and choose the course that you wish to make the link available to.
- Once you're done, please click on the Save and Close button below and you should have working link to InteDashboard from within Brightspace LMS.
- Next you will need to add the link to InteDashboard into your course at different stages of curriculum in your Modules when needed via the Add Existing Activities button here.
- You can confirm if the integration is working by clicking on InteDashboard link from your end.
- If you can see your InteDashboard account landing page when clicking on the link, then you were successful at properly adding the LTI tool into Brightspace LMS.
Additional information of importance when creating this type of LTI connection:
Students entering InteDashboard will only see activities when they placed in teams within a course.on InteDashboard.
Students who are enrolled in one course will see only that specific course and activity when they click on the LTI link from within Brightspace.
Students who are enrolled in multiple courses will see all the courses and activities they are enrolled in when they click on the LTI link from within Brightspace.
💡 If you still have questions, please contact our support team.