- Go to the QUESTIONS Block in the Dashboard.
Scroll down to the QUESTIONS block of the dashboard. (Bottom of the dashboard).
Navigate through the questions you have in the activity by clicking on the question pages until you get to the FREE RESPONSE question.
Notice the orange percentage bar. This tells how many teams have answered the question. In this case, 67%, or 2 teams out of 3 have not answered. These teams are indicated below the bar.
- Open Presentation Mode
Once you have all the answers from teams, you can either PAUSE the application or wait for it to end.
Click the 'Open Presentation Mode' button. At this point, students MUST click the "Join Discussion" button on their activity dashboard to go to this screen.
- Go to the Free Response Question
- Click on the pages and find the Free Response question.
- Click the "Initialize e-Gallery Walk" button.
"REVEAL TEAMS' ANSWERS" is OFF by default.
Toggle it on to show the answers of teams. This would automatically show the teams' answers to students on their own screens.
Click on the Thumbs Up! button to mark Good Answers.
- Initialize e-Gallery Walk
Select the answers you would like to include
Choose the voting method.
- Click the "Preview e-Gallery Walk" button.
This pop-up is hidden from the student's view.
You can choose to include all submitted answers, only those you've thumbs up-ed or manually select from the list.
Students will see this pop-up on their screens once you initialize the e-Gallery Walk.
- In Presentation Mode, Students cannot navigate through questions. The questions that the teacher is viewing on their Presentation Screen is the same question that will flash on the Student's presentation screens.
- Start the e-Gallery Walk
- SELECT FOR VOTING checkbox is marked blue. This means that this team's answer is selected for the e-Gallery.
- Teachers can select and de-select answers for e-Gallery from here. Just click on the tick box.
BLUE means it's selected.
- Confirm e-Gallery
- Confirm the teams whose answers you'll include in the e-Gallery.
You can either click "Cancel" to re-select or deselect answers. Or, You can click the "Start" button.
- e-Gallery Walk Ongoing
- Votes and comments will now start to come in automatically as teams votes and type in comments from their side.
The system will display all the teams who have not submitted their vote.
Students will now be able to vote for the single best answer and put comments on any or every answer in the gallery.
Here's what the students can see:
Their own team's answer is in an orange-bordered gray box. There is no "VOTE" button and no comments box. This means that teams can neither vote nor comment for their own answer.
Answers from other teams will have a "VOTE" button and a comments box section.
Here's what it looks like after a team had submitted a comment and a vote for an answer.
ⓘ BEST PRACTICES
Ask your students to "comment" or feedback on each team's answer before they cast their vote.
Once they vote, they can no longer comment or change votes.
- Stop e-Gallery Walk
- Once all teams have cast their votes, click the "Stop e-Gallery Walk" button.
- Confirm Stop e-Gallery Walk
- Confirm the end of the e-Gallery walk. Click the "Yes, Stop e-Gallery Walk" button.
- Then you'll be able to view the tally of votes on the screen.
- Release e-Gallery Walk Results
- Click "Release e-Gallery Walk Results" to release results to the students. Confirm the action when you get the pop-up screen.
- Students will then be able to view the tally of votes and comments on the screen.
Here's a sample of the e-Gallery Walk Results screen.
- Reset the e-Gallery Walk
- Reveal Teams' Answers
- Show Keywords
- Display Column
- Choose Answers to Display (From a Modal)
- Vote Percentage
- Display Order (Teams or Votes)